Women at Risk Visa

The Woman at Risk visa (subclass 204) is for you if you are outside Australia, living outside your home country, do not have the protection of a male relative and are in danger of victimization, harassment, or serious abuse because of your gender. To be considered for resettlement in Australia under this visa, you would usually need to be referred by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to the Australian Government.

This Visa allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely, work and study in Australia, enroll in healthcare, access certain social security payments, apply for Australian citizenship, propose family members for permanent residence, and attend English language classes.
Read More